Tuesday, July 11, 2006

me me me me meme

All About Me

DPF has a cool meme. I've always wanted to play a meme-game but no one ever tags me. So, rather than being a passive bystander watching helplessly as life passes me by, I thought I'd take control, seize the day, and as the Nike ads implore, "just do it." As a tribute to my own self-absorption...

1. How old do you wish you were?
Quite happy being 39, thanks all the same.

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Folding my washing watching TV. Spent the next week glued to the box.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Moan, curse, swear, hiss.

4. Do you consider yourself kind?
Only to those less fortunate.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon on my arm

6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be?
Hebrew – I'm an Israel-phile.

7. Do you know your neighbours?
All of them.

8. What do you consider a vacation?
Leaving Wellington.

9. Do you follow your horoscope?
Nah! I'm a Capricorn - we don't do that stuff.

10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Absolutely.

11. Are you touchy feely?
Only about Art & Music.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Initially, yes (sometimes). But they also repel!

13. Dream job?
Fashion magazine editor.

14. Favourite channels?
TV2 (Channel LOST), Prime.

15. Favourite place to go on a weekend?
Pottering about the garden.

16. Showers or Bath?
Shower.

17. Do you paint your nails?
Oh, puhleeze!

18. Do you trust people easily?
Heck no! I'm the original paranoia-man.

19. What are your phobias?
Snakes. Hearing the words, "You have the right to remain silent..."

20. Do you want kids?
Yup. Heaps of them!

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
Nope.

22. Where would you rather be right now?
Stuffing my gob at a smorgasbord restaurant.

23. What makes you feel warm and safe?
God.

24. Heavy or light sleep?
Light.

25. Are you paranoid?
Why do you wanna know that?

26. Are you impatient?
Totally.

27. Who can you relate to?
Other losers, complainers and sad sacks.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples?
My parents are them. As long as you're in love, who cares?

29. Have you been burned by love?
The story of my life.

30. What’s your life motto?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
Never owned a cell-phone, can't stand the pesky things, or pesky people bothering me.

32. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Computing.

33. Who was your last text message from?
See #31

34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine, of course. Are you implying I'm a slut?

35. What color shirt are you wearing?
Fawny brown.

36. Most recent movie you watched?
"A Knight's Tale" - on TV. I'm STILL boycotting anti-Bush Hollywood, and will continue to do so indefinitely.

37. Name five things you have on you at all times?
T-shirt, undies, deodorant, cigarettes and a 'bad' attitude :-)

38. What colour are your bed sheets?
White... er, whitish.

39. How much cash do you have on you right now?
Cash? Are you kidding? I'm the poorest, brokest, skintest sucker you'll ever encounter. Cash? LOL

40. What is your favourite part of chicken?
Skin

41. What's your favourite town/city?
Beautiful Wellington, of course.

42. I can’t wait till...
we win the Rugby World Cup in 2007.

43. Who got you to join MySpace?
What?

44. What did you have for dinner last night?
Roast veges.

45. How tall are you barefoot?
5' 10"

46. Have you ever smoked crack?
No, but I've smoked almost everything else, including P.

47. Do you own a gun?
C'mon, I'm a NZer! Not even our cops (or Airforce) have guns.

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee with the first ciggy of the day.

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Hey, I'm single! So much for secret weapons...

50. Do you have A.D.D.?
No, I'm just completely disinterested in you & whatever you have to say.

51. What time did you wake up today?
5:30-ish. Cat was meowing her head off at something.

52. Current worry?
The latest poll showing Labour ahead.

53. Current hate?
Baby-killers top the list, but we'd need another blog entry to do the question justice.

54. Favourite place to be?
The dinner table.

55. Where would you like to travel?
Texas.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs?
Hopefully, anywhere but jail.

57. Last thing you ate?
The remnants of my niece's KFC burger.

58. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Maori songs (reasonably well) and Aretha Franklin (badly).

59. Last person that made you laugh?
Jimmy Jangles.

60. Worst injury you've ever had?
Sprained ankle (and a broken heart... sniff!).

61. Does someone have a crush on you?
I hope so, and I hope she's filthy rich.

62. What is your favourite candy?
Candy? Come on! I'm a NZer! We call them "lollies" down here. Anyhow, it's white chocolate - Nestle's Milky Bar, not that horrible Cadbury's gunk which splinters like fibreglass when you break a piece off.

2 comments:

Jimmy Jangles said...

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Phil said...

Sorry, JJ - I didn't mean you. I meant... ummm... er, this other "JJ" who just happens to have the EXACT same URL as you (how 'bout that? - what a coincidence!)
I can see why there was some confusion.

And I didn't mean 'funny' as in 'har har funny' - I meant it in a sombre, grave, serious way (with down-turned lips, a deep frown and a cold, menacing scowl).