Must be quick, we play the Ozzies in basketball at 11:15. Hate to sound unpatriotic, but I fear the Boomers are so gonna kick our butts. Hardly the kiwi sporting attitude, I know. Just that awful feeling whenever we play them at non-rugby sports [Hopin' I'm wrong!]
Update: 81 - 79. Friggin Ozzys. Don't their team resemble a bunch of mutant Lurch-type Neanderthals? Not being mean, but they've a real caveman Frankenstein look about 'em. "Russian weightlifters on steroids" sorta thing - very Easter Island. Like freaky giant Siberian lab experiment escapees. Notice there were no blonds? Odd for an Oz team to be flaxen-less... Maybe a side effect from the secret lab experiments..?
Anyhow.. Didn't see LOST last week, in Roto-vegas doing touristy things. Didn't realise Libby died too! Hea-vy! Far too heavy. Cruel, in fact. Grand finale next week - Oh me oh my! Imho, on one level, the show's symptomatic of liberal Hollywood's conflicted ambivalence about masculinity, in particular fatherhood. Far as we know, every major character has bigtime unresolved daddy-issues.
* Claire's old man abandoned her. Likewise her baby's father.
* Sun's father's a corrupt business tycoon who has govt ministers assassinated.
* Kate blew up her abusive step-dad.
* (Infertile?) Jin's still so shamed by his humble villager pop, he hasn't told his pregnant wife.
* Jack's permanently screwed up by childhood under autocratic overbearing old man.
* Locke's slimey thieving papa cheated him out of a kidney.
* Sawyer's dad shot his mum then himself.
* Series ends with obsessed daddy Michael, murdering and betraying crew in hope of rescuing kidnapped son, Walt (also abandoned by step-dad). Still an awful lot of 'baggage' strewn about there in the wreckage.
Just to be sure...
Commie-Pinko Alert??? Was that Hanoi-Jane Fonda on that new 7:00 TV2 comedy?
If so, you can forget about me watching that channel again. Disgraceful. Especially while her countrymen are at war. Still hate the treasonous ho' - an ugly lizard that never changes its spots.