Monday, October 09, 2006

Mmmm

Relishing recipes
I'm becoming domesticated! Over the school holidays I buckled to my visiting nieces and nephews' incessant demands for sugar and learned how to make coconut ice. Usually I never cook (unless you consider 'toast' cooking), but this recipe is so easy and delicious that even cuisinary catastrophes such as moi can make it. My most significant culinary achievement to date, I feel compelled to share it with the world. So, with compliments to NZ's iconic Edmonds cookery book, take:

  • 2 cups of Sugar
  • 2/3 cup of Milk
  • 65g (2.5 ozs) of Butter
  • 3 tablespoons of Coconut
Gently boil all ingredients for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and beat until thick. Pour into a greased dish and leave until set. Mark and cut into pieces.

You'll LOVE this, I promise!

No comments: