Finally! Assistant Police Commissioner & two former policemen are found Not Guilty of historic sex charges against the stupid attention-seeking LYING SLAG, Louise Nicholas. The best news I've heard all year. By no means do I think Rickards & co are angels. Group sex isn't my cuppa, and 3 grown men vs 1 young woman has horrible undertones of aggression & bullying (imo) regardless of consent. Also, I personally find adultery completely sickening. Anyone that mucks around on their spouse or sleeps with someone else's partner is a Major Despicable Sleaze - beneath contempt. I blogged earlier about my (unkind) feelings toward Lousie & why I mistrusted her, but can't be bothered trawling through my rubbish to find it, only to inflict it yet again on poor long-suffering readers. Still, a number of other things bothered me about the case.
* 20 years is a long time to wait before you suddenly 'realise' you were raped. With the exception of childhood assaults, I'm extremely wary of historical allegations.
* She twice previously claimed she was gang raped; once by cops, another by Maoris. Is this some sort of sick fetish she habitually fantasises about?
* Phil Kitchin (sp?), working for the DomPost, spent 18 months researching the story before it finally broke. An awful lot of time & effort invested in the story, no wonder he desperately wanted the allegations to be proved true. Being a twit, he gullibly swallowed her every word. Perhaps he majored in feminist victimology at journalism school. Maybe he never heard that at least 40% of rapes reported to police are entirely fictitious. Evidently, he's unaware that some women are prone to vicious manipulative lying & scheming. Ask any man ever involved in a brutal custody or paternity battle. Some women are plain screwed up & nasty - it's a sad truth, I'm afraid.
* The msm were quick to pounce. For ages, the NZH online devoted a special section entitled "Police under investigation" with a link on their homepage. An avalanche of columns followed disclosing every gruesome fact & personal detail. Our media espouse very left-wing dogma, whether mutliculturalism, socialism, islamic appeasment, enironmental lunacy, gay rights or radical feminism. If Americans, capitalism, the military or Men can be blamed for any transgression, real or imagined, our pathetic fourth estate will harp on hysterically with no respite.
* Helen Clark, having replaced Commissioner Doone with the more compliant Robinson, demanded a top level investigation into the 'macho' police culture after reading the preliminary report in the Nicholas case. Apparently no such enquiry was deemed necessary into the 'racist' police culture after Stephen Wallace was the 19th Maori to be killed by the cops. I reckon she wanted Rickards gone because he'd never acquiesce to Labour's string-pulling a la the current honchos at Police National Headquarters.
All in all, it's reassuring that NZ's legal system hasn't completely eroded. And that some idiot twat can't reimagine incidents from decades ago & ruin people's lives because of their unresolved deep-seated neuroses. Rape is indeed an abominable, horrendous crime. Yet to wrongfully accuse someone of rape is a most grievous imprecation. Louise Nicholas is a disgrace to women. She dishonours the valour of true rape victims who courageously dared to seek justice.
UPDATE: Another cop accused of raping the deranged slut speaks out.
The.. police team spent thousands of hours interviewing people who knew Nicholas & the three men, & vowed the inquiries would be thorough. But police never asked the man first accused by Nicholas for his version of events.. Supporters of the latest officers acquitted have also raised concerns about the police inquiry.. [they] were concerned detectives had not interviewed key people, & said the police inquiry had been selective with its evidence.So much for the "complicit cops covering for one of their own" theory.
UPDATE 2: The court case could cost taxpayers up to $14 million. Then there's the considerable waste of time & resources:
By January last year, a team of up to 59 officers had spent more than 40,000 police hours on the case. At that time, police - travelling to interview more than 2000 people -had spent more than $1m on travel & accommodation costs aloneSee how much damage one pathetic mendacious tart can do? Not to mention the emotional trauma the cops, their friends & families had to endure.