Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Crank it up, Brother!

MUSIC MEME
via Not PC

Name up to THREE:

Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
Anything by U2. Bono's raucous squalling drives me up the wall. Don't like his singing voice either.

Musical artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Robbie Williams & any other PUNK who disses my president Bush.

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
* Satisfaction
* Angie
* Start me up

Beatles Song(s) I Love
* Penny Lane
* Yesterday
* Strawberry Fields Forever

Who Song(s) I Love
* Pinball Wizard
* Substitute
* My generation

Dylan Song(s) I Love
* Jokerman
* Sweetheart like you
* Tight connection to your heart

Lou Reed/Velvet Underground Song(s) I Love
* Sweet Jane
* Heroin
* Perfect Day

Reggae Songs I Love
* Turn your lights down low (Bob Marley)
* My Jamaican guy (Grace Jones)
* Dreadlock holiday (10 Cc)

Country Song(s) I Love
* The most beautiful girl (Charlie Rich)
* Stand by your man (Tammy Wynette)
Anything by Kenny Rogers.

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Rockers
Saturday Night Fever
Amadeus

Cover Song(s) I Love
* Many rivers to cross (UB40/Jimmy Cliff)
* Hard rain's a gonna fall (Bryan Ferry/Bob Dylan)
* Piece of my heart (Janis Joplin/Caroline Franklin)

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
Christine Aguilera

Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears
Real men don't shed tears! Although my 'hayfever' often plays up when performing "Arohaina mai" [tribute to the 28th Maori Battalion, C Company, WWII]
And one night during wreckless youth after too much whiskey and listening to Patti Smith's We three, I ended up a crumpled blubbering mess.

Rap/Hip Hop Song(s) I Love
* Can we get kinky tonight? (SWV & Timbaland)
* Hot boyz (Missy Elliot)
* Tell him (Lauryn Hill)

Blues Songs I Love
* Midnight train to Georgia (Gladys Knight & the Pips)
* Dr Feelgood (Aretha Franklin)

* Layla (Eric Clapton (Cream?))

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
* Best of my love (Emotions)
* Dancing queen (ABBA)
* Blame it on the boogie (Jackson 5)

Novelty Song(s) I Love
* Hey Mickey (Toni Basil)

Soul/R&B Songs I Love
* Can I stay with you? (Karen White)
* Another sad love song (Toni Braxton)
* Misty Blue (Dorothy Moore)

Power Ballad(s) I Love
* Hurt (The Manhattans)
* The greatest love of all (Whitney Houston)
* Never forget you (Mariah Carey)

Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
* God bless the child (Billy Holiday)
* Paikea (Traditional - Ngati Porou version)
* Non so piu cosa son, cosa facio - The Marriage of Figaro (Mozart)

Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love
* Conversation (Joni Mitchell)

Songs I Still Love From When I was Fourteen
* Young Americans (David Bowie)
* Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
* Rocketman (Elton John)

Song(s) to Have Sex To
Oh, please! Do we have to ruin everything by putting smut in it. This is an aggro blog, not a sex blog.
Needless war? Yeehah! Genocide? Alright! Ethnic cleansing? Yeah, baby!
Coitus? Goodness me, how offensive! Shame on you! What sort of person do you think I am?

Drinking Song(s) I Love
* Te manu kai-kokiri ata (Te Waka Huia)
* Make the man some **** eggs! (Jake the Muss) NB: It's a Maori "action" song.
* The obituary for Helen Clark. (Oh, gosh! That one hasn't been written yet, has it? But it's still my all-time favourite. Music to my ears!)

No comments: