Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Celebrate.... nothing (for a change)

Is anyone else as sick as I am of constantly being implored to 'celebrate' various causes? Y'know, like, "celebrate diversity!", "celebrate biculturalism!", "celebrate women's week!", "celebrate gay week!" Celebrate this, celebrate that. Oh, for heaven's sake! Can we cease all these endless festivities!

Not meaning to sound like a prim, prissy party-pooper - and I do enjoy a good time as much as the next guy. But not every frickin week of the month. Let's not overdose on the good times.

Lacking the enthusiasm and stamina of youth, I'm hungover, burnt out, my liver's shot, I'm knackered and in desperate need of beauty sleep. How 'bout celebrating some peace & quiet for a damn change?

Enough, OK! Party's over. So please, all you revellers: turn off that stereo, clean up your friggin mess, take your beers and GO HOME!

No comments: